Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Day 3 - April 21st

Saying good-bye to one of the LA Bikers who is currently transplanted to San Antonio, I headed back down town to visit three Universities on the Big Money Rally Bonus list.


The Reverend - also known as Rob Diesel, although neither are his real name - with his Volvo wagon as I'm about to ride out.

The plan is to visit the three universities, my old house, and a couple of  places I used to hang out when I lived there and then head over to spend the night with one of the guys I used to shoot with for the Army.

First stop - St. Mary's University.  The barricades around the place are due to it being Fiesta weekend and many Catholic organizations are having big doings as well.


From there, it's a quick trip to the University of the Incarnate Word.


Next stop is Our Lady of the Lake.  But on the way I found another abandoned gas station so I had to stop in and take a photo.


Hmmm, the bike won't turn over.  Switch on? Check.  In neutral? Check.  Got lights?  Turn signals, check, stop light, check, headlight, Nope!  This is not good.  Grab the cell phone and start calling Honda dealers.  Two of the three said they could look at it but I would have to wait over a week to get it into the shop to be worked on.  Alamo Cycle Plex said they could take a look at it today (Saturday) and figure out something.  A call to AAA and the bike is on its way to Cycle Plex.

The best guess they technicians have is that it is either the start switch or the starter solenoid.  Oh, and by the way, the battery is shot. *sigh*  I'm not really surprised at the battery as its history is unknown.  Honda will overnight the parts and the shop will work me in as soon as the parts arrive on Tuesday (like the shops in LA, they are closed on Mondays, so Tuesday is the next day they will be open).

Instead of spending one night with Phil, I'm going to be there three nights.  At least I don't have to also spend money on a motel room.

Short day, but all things being considered, it couldn't have died at a better place, short of home.

No comments:

Post a Comment